- readily recognisable species that almost everybody records;
- species that are difficult to find but are still very widespread and are therefore less well recorded; and
- species that are very widespread, but difficult to identify and hence are under-recorded.
What can we do to improve the accuracy of predictive models?
- More active group members have developed the ability to create such lists; and
- These members have developed the key skill of logging all observations rather than just a checklist of the unusual.